Sunday, April 3, 2011

Katy Mae Johnson has arrived!

Katy Mae Johnson arrived at 2:09pm on Friday, April 1, 2011 at the Iowa Methodist West Hospital in West Des Moines, Iowa. She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and was 20 inches long.

I was induced on Friday morning at 39 weeks in hopes of an easier labor and delivery than what I had with Jack. Jay and I went to the hospital around 7:00am and the doctor broke my water at 7:30am. We waited around for awhile for my contractions to pick up and it wasn't until around 11:00am that I was in labor with regular contractions. After that, things progressed quickly. I got an epidural around 12:30pm and by 2:00pm I was ready to start pushing. Katy was born shortly after that at 2:09pm.

We named her Katy after my best friend, Katy Whitaker, and the name Mae comes from Jay's Grandma (Edith Mae Fleege). Katy arrived with a full head of dark hair! We are not quite sure yet who she looks like. We see a little of Jay, myself and Jack all at the same time! So far she has been a great baby....she is quiet and rarely fusses. We will see how long that lasts! Jack was very excited to meet his baby sister. He was very interested in her and wanted to keep touching her and calling her "baby". We are already looking forward to watching the two of them grow up together!

Last pregnancy pictures

Just seconds old Daddy helped cut the umbilical cord On the scale...7lbs 4 oz Happy Mama! Footprints First bath (she didn't like it very much!) Proud parents

Lots of dark hair! Sleeping soundly
Jack was excited to meet his baby sister!
Proud Daddy!
Our family of four!
Going home


Birdie and Bogey meet their new baby sister

2 comments:

  1. Katy's so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her and bring her some new bows for all of that hair!

    ReplyDelete