Monday, December 7, 2009

Jack says "No nap for me!"

This past Friday, I put Jack down for his usual afternoon nap. As soon as I laid him down in his crib, the tears began. (It is fairly common for him to cry for a few minutes after I lay him down to sleep....but the crying usually subsides within 1-2 minutes). That afternoon, the crying did not stop. After listening to him cry for almost 30 minutes, I decided to check on him. When I opened the door, I found Jack standing up in his crib for the first time. As soon as he made eye contact with me, his tears turned into laughter. I wanted to be mad at him for not falling asleep like he was supposed to, but there is no way I could be upset when looking at his smiling (and mischievous) face! So I grabbed the camera instead. He ended up playing all afternoon and much to our surprise, he made it through the rest of the day without being crabby or fussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment